Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Life as a College Student, day 1

Well, today was Day 1 in my new life as a college student.  I am SO thankful I got a Saturday class in Eagle River.  The building was small and easy to navigate; there were probably 20 students and the teacher seems pretty cool.  The bathrooms were also easy to find; however, they were only 1 or 2 stalls and when a 3 hour class lets out, there are a LOT of people anxious to do the same thing.  Luckily, since it IS in Eagle River, I can just go to the in-laws' house.  

Also, since it's in Eagle River, I can drop the Moose or the Moose & Yobo off for a grandparent fix  :)  They hung out with grandpa today & he even held the Moose for about 20 minutes (he wasn't exactly "kid-friendly" even as a dad).  Yay! for progress!  We'll melt him like butter in no time  :)  

Oh, so, the class.  It's just pre-algebra, so today was a very long 3 hours.  It starts out with adding & subtracting larger numbers (like 51,293 + 8,257).  Thankfully, everyone in the class was pretty much on the same page and we just blew through a LOT of material today.  I was like half an hour early - I need to find the bathrooms & be one of the first people seated, I loathe coming in late & having to wade through a crowd to find a seat.  But, being early also lends the benefit of having some one-on-one time with anyone other classmates who enjoy being early, as well.  I met Ms. K today - like me, she's going back to school after a LONG.  She has FIVE chillins, aged 16, 11, 7, with 2 year old twins!  One of the twins is her prized baby girl, all the others are boys.  She gave me a good stink-eye about my #1 being a girl LOL  She's studying to be a nurse and today was her 1st official day of college, too.  We got to chat about 15 minutes before anyone else showed up.  I have to say, though, that I was a little appalled at how many people were late to class. 

Well, now I have loads of homework!  I also need to go buy a paper notebook.  We found one around the house, but it only has like 10 pages left in it LOL w00t! I get to go school supplies shopping!  Yes, I'm THAT nerd!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you - going to college, having a kid, being a wife... you got it all going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much, Ruth. I am definitely taking & holding on for dear life to any & all kind words thrown my way right now :)

    ReplyDelete