Monday, January 16, 2012

Ellie the Elephant, now postponed

The beginning held so much promise.  I kind of got some of the seams going in the wrong directions, but it was all good...



Last night I learned a lesson in following patterns... if the directions tell you to do something, it's probably for a reason!  The directions said to put the right sides of both patchwork pieces together, pin the template on top, and cut along the outside of the template through both pieces at the same time.  I figured "oh well I know the fabric will end up moving & I'll have funny mismatched elephants," so I decided to trace the pattern onto the pieces separately & cut those out instead.  Well, I ended up with 2 identical elephants all right..






See, even Monkey is tsk'ing at me!  He dropped his little elephant toy in the middle of them to show me what they were SUPPOSED to look like  :)   I will eventually get some fabric to make 2 opposite sides to these guys, their backsides will just not match the fronts.  Oh well LOL I don't think the Moose will mind in the least.  Now I'm pretty sure that I just have until the end of March to finish them - I'm thinking they'll be a good 1st birthday present!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. I have done that so many times! :) i'm sure it will still be awesome!

    ReplyDelete