None of them was totally good, but each had something wonderful that outshone everything else :D What a lovely March this has been. The Moose turns ONE YEAR OLD on Saturday, the 31st; I am still reeling at the thought!
THREE weekends ago, I was showered in kisses for the first time by my beautiful baby. She'd started kissing about 2 weeks prior, but this was the first time SHE initiated the kissing. And then, when I thought nothing could be better, she did it again. And again. And again. For like a dozen times in a row. I was sitting on the floor and she was standing next to me, holding on to my shoulder, like she does now. She was poopy all day from teething pains and hadn't eaten much, so I made her some oatmeal, extra milky. This kid gets SO excited about good food; Yobo & I love this, she has a hoppy happy dance where she bends her knees and the pops them straight, causing her to bounce, bounce. She was bouncing up for a bite, bouncing up for a kiss, bite, kiss, bite, kiss, kiss, kiss hahahaha it is the most awesome moment of my life thus far :D
LAST weekend, Bee and I took the kid out to the Eagle River Nature Center to check out Ruth's Earthwatch presentation (which was, as usual, fun, educational, and with good humor). The Moose was such a good girl! I didn't even ask her to be good hahaha We made it out of town earlier than expected - this really turned out to be a blessing because it took longer to get out there than I'd thought it would; plus, we scored one of the few couches :D Plans were made to make another girl's day out to see Ruth's next presentation & a summer exploratory trip back to the ERNC (none of us had been before), and there was a whole lot of good, old-fashioned girl talk.
THIS weekend started out horribly, with a migraine that started on Wednesday. This morning, we dropped the Moose off with mema, the first time she has ever babysat for us. We were apprehensive about this at first, but it turned out wonderfully. Yobo & I went to my doctor's about this migraine thing; we're trying a new approach, so we'll see how it goes. When we picked her up, mema was just glowing! The Moose kissed her & finally showed her she can stand up on her own now & hang out for a minute!!! There was no crying or freaking out, just love :D Later, Mimi came over for dinner & play with the baby for a while. The Moose hasn't seen Mimi since Christmas and the freak out happened; she cried for almost 15 minutes if I wasn't holding her or Mimi got too close. Thankfully, she eventually came around and then it was on like Donkey Kong! There's was lots of smiling & giggling & dinosaur noises. We got all the family birthday plans figured out - Friday night is with Mama2 (Yobo's mama), a night on the town! Saturday is with mema & my sissies. Mema is making japchae & bulgolgi, got the Moose her first hanbok, is ordering the rice cakes, and we'll be getting together some items for doljabi. I'm SO freaking stoked!
I was so glad you made it to the presentation - and the moose did so well - not a peep out of her the whole time!
ReplyDelete