Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In need of being spun right round

Tonight, I will bust out the spinning wheel & spin what I can spin. This wheel is old, not mine, has a cracked wheel, and is a mini traveler... Maybe the tahkli's looking a little more reliable.

UPDATE: 10:18PM, in the kitchen, with the camera, happily spun.  The wheel is dead.  The treadle won't peddle, but that's okay  :)  It was a borrowed wheel & it's taken me a year to sit in front of it, so it is ALL good.  Busted out the tahkli & spun up some silky threads; haven't done this in a year and, man, it was a bumpy start, but it really is like riding a bicycle.  Luckily, I wasn't very good to begin with, so I'm totally stoked with what I did!!!



 I have no memory of buying from Crystal Creek Fibers.  This sample was alright; not awesome, but just fine for a free sample! 

No comments:

Post a Comment