Monday, March 5, 2012

Block #3 is coming along

OK, with the passing weirdness of my sewing machine (this has been resolved & it is now working just fine; what the problem was, I may never know), sewing has slowly been resumed.  The Moose was all but down & out last week - this latest tooth was just horrible!  She barely got any sleep - she even had those little baby bags under her little eyes  :(  Thankfully that tooth finally erupted and she's back to napping & sleeping the night through - which means I, once again, have sewing time!  Yay! 

So I got back into it last night.  This block has been a bit of a bear.  I've already redone it twice, this is the 3rd time around, so hopefully it actually works out.  Stupid points.  The triangles were cut & made into squares, then the squares were connected into 4 rows.  I got about 3/4 of the way through sewing two of the rows together when my bobbin ran out.  Since it was already 10pm and Mondays are early days for me at work, I decided to take that as a sign to stop for the night & not let frustration ruin my evening  :)  This turned out well as I got to finish a show I'd been trying to watch over the past few days, I changed the sheets & made the bed, brushed my teeth, washed my face, picked out clothes for work, pumped, and was in bed by 11!!! 

Without further ado, progress thus far (only the bottom 3/4 of the strips on the left have actually been sewn together):

No comments:

Post a Comment