Saturday, March 17, 2012

I was showered with kisses!

The Moose is not doing well today, poor baby.  It's my 1/2 day at work; I came home, fed her, and the 3 of us went to the library for sing-along time.  She hadn't napped all day; I figured if we went anyway, by the time we got done, she'd be totally ready to pass out.  She lasted about 20 minutes - other babies were close, but she didn't want to get too close to any of them.  When she started pooping out, Yobo scooped her up in his arms & we just left to keep the experience pleasant and it seems to have worked. When we got home, I fed her & put her down for a nap.  She slept for almost 2 hours.  Poor baby.


When she got up, we had lots of snuggle time.  Yeah, she's one of those babies who loves to snuggle when she doesn't feel good.  She also doesn't remember how to chew when she's hurting, so I made her some very milky barley cereal.  I was sitting on the kitchen floor and she was standing next to me, as is our normal meal-time placement, holding on to my arm, with her mouth wide open and dancing in between bites.  She was so happy & excited, she started giving me kisses!  For the last couple of weeks, she'll occasionally give me A kiss (rarely more than one at a time) when she's in the right mood and no one else is looking LOL  tonight though, she was giving them left & right!  I would smile & say "thank you!" and she'd get that "I just did something new" smile on her face.  My lips were smeared with baby barley; I was in seventh heaven  :D  she was SO sweet & happy about it!  

On top of that awesomeness, Yobo made us some maple pecan ice cream!  It was freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!!  Holy yumminess!!!!!!!!!!!!  Loads of kisses & homemade ice cream - it's been an incredibly lovely evening.  Now time for more sleep  :)  Good night, world.

1 comment: