I was! But then we didn't go downtown until yesterday :( And, being that it was the last day and all, it was a bit lacking. Luckily, the Moose doesn't know any better LOL she was wide-eyed and taking it all in. We watched some kids go down the super slide, I won her a stuffed duck at the fishing game, and we saw some kids on the elephant ride. Unfortunately, we got there just as they were finishing the blanket toss! I had really hoped she'd see that, but there's always next year :D We didn't get to watch either of the Iditarod starts since I was in class. Next year we'll really be ready. Hopefully I won't have any Saturday classes. Actually, I may just take a day off work or something. By then, the Moose will be walking around and can actually go on some rides, maybe even the blanket toss.
After the slight disappointment of events, we drove around the Port & Ship Creek as me ma has somehow lived here for... lots of years and never been down there. Then I drove her by the Lab so she could see where I work, the outside anyway. We went over to Pho King (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA) for lunch and I had some pho-king excellent pho! I actually remembered to bring food for the Moose, so she had a cup of peas & red beans. Me ma was astonished at how voraciously the Moose ate them - she couldn't believe a kid would love beans so much LOL Yobo & I often joke that we have a beanie baby :)
The Moose did so well on our outing - I hope she stays this way. If she's cranky and/or can't sleep, the best thing to do is take her out. This really works best if I hold her though, that way she feels secure to explore with her eyes, taking in the whole world around her. She rarely makes a peep, some giggles, but no babbling. And when we get home, she is wore out! When we got home yesterday, she breastfed really well and went down for a nap without fuss and slept for 2 hours. LOVE.
No comments:
Post a Comment