Hmmm... finally being able to run around outside nekkid without freezin' your tushy off! Hahahaha not really, but oh man, if I had the nerve to do it... that would be it.
My favorite spring time activity is actually a trick question - where I'm at, spring = slush & floods from slush. We're spending a LOT of time trucking through slush/water and preparing for SUMMER. Really, spring for us is about ignoring the slush & all those middle-of-the-road-lakes amongst us and preparing for summer... which, for we Alaskans, starts the moment the slush gone. Waiting until June is for the birds! You'd miss 1/3 of the summer if you wait until Solstice. If you busy yourself & pretend hard enough, you hardly even notice that everything is yuck right now :)
Summer, however, is about running around (usually at least partially clothed) outside. I live in a place where the sun don't shine much most of the year, so when we get it in droves for the summer months, we spend most of our time outside doing EVERYTHING and getting sunshine EVERYWHERE it don't shine the rest of the year. Walking, fishing, camping, gardening, running, napping, sunbathing, blowing bubbles, rolling in the grass, grilling good eats... heck, I'll even be pulling my spinning wheel out to the lawn for some sunshiney spin time. We try to forget that TVs exist. We stop going to the supermarket so often - we spend time every day playing in the dirt, growing REALLY good eats! And, this summer, we'll also be continuing to clear land & begin building a home of our own.
Working in a beautiful building with loads of natural light makes it rather difficult to concentrate on those pesky work things this time of year.
Well with a 7 year old in the house I can't run around naked. But yesterday it was 60 outside he came home turned on the hose and turned the swing set into a slippy slide. He said the best part about getting wet was taking your clothes off and sun drying but before that time he was shivering! I was in the house, my husband let him do that! I brought the dry towel and clothes! I have a mud pit too! Everythings starting to bud out and it might freeze tonight, if so no peaches again this year! Glad to find your blog.
ReplyDeleteAw, too bad sun drying didn't work out well for him LOL mebbe it needs to be closer to 70ºF for that :) A mud pit?!?! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! AND a possibility of fresh peaches!?! I wanna come over. I've never had a fresh peach before, not a huge fan of the store bought ones, but I'm assured that eating fresh ones will make me a convert.
Delete