| drummers playing music to keep up spirits & cheer on the runners / walkers |
| we had to take a rest to watch the drummers. the Moose's foot started twirling as soon as she could hear the beat, far before we saw them :D |
| you can see all the food the Moose was stashing in her stroller |
| little L was DONE. |
| yay! the Moose's 2nd race, our longest yet |
The Moose & I joined up with our friends big & little L to walk the 2012 Alaska Run for Women yesterday. We got there late and were the last ones to start - everyone had at least a 10-15 minute head start. The Muni truck picking up the barriers to close off the streets was just ahead of us. Without the awesome force of 7,000+ women alongside you, it was a little scarier running through the middle of the downtown streets that was the course, so we got on the crowded sidewalk pretty quick LOL
About mile 2, we caught up with some other walkers. When we got up to the drummers (above, almost mile 3), there were even more people resting. We stayed for a minute ourselves, then got back to trekking. There were at least a half dozen other little groups that finished after us. It took us about 1 1/2 hours to finish, which is exactly what I guessed it'd take :D We all had a good time & the Moose had NO problem passing out for her nap when we got home LOL not a bad way to start the day at all.
I'm very impressed - You Go Girl!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth. I must admit though, we did NOTHING else for the rest of the day LOL after I got her down for a nap, I elevated my feet & put them on ice (I could feel 2 blisters tryna happen). It all ended well - you could see where the blisters tried to form, but nothing ever happened with them. Win!
ReplyDelete