So... I feel GREAT today! My boss called me yesterday afternoon to let me know that my co-worker (there were the two of us + our boss) resigned effective immediately. She's been struggling to keep up for a long time and, though the eventual resolution was expected, how it happened was a big surprise for everyone... I came in early today to catch up a little & man, do I have my work cut out for me. Luckily, it's all good. I've been slow on my end, so this will definitely keep me from getting bored. Plus, it'll put to use some of the training I've had as back-up, but haven't yet had the occassion to employ.
It was SO eerie though to come into the office & see her desk cleared. She had a massive number of plants everywhere and they're all gone. She also had a massive number of knick-knacks she'd collected over the years - all gone. It's like her area just got sucked up into the vacuum of space & simply ceased to exist.
On an up note, yay! for being able to breastfeed again!!! This morning was so lovely, being able to have my morning with baby again. Our alone time really does make such a big difference in starting & ending the day :D And, since it's Friday, it's not a full day at work for me. AND!!! I have my first "medical" massage appointment this afternoon - STOKED! Tomorrow is our last test at school before finals. Thank goodness the migraine's out of the way in time for that.
Next weekend, I'm playing hooky with Yobo & we're attending a grafting workshop through the Alaska Pioneer Fruit Growers Association. So stoked about this, too! We get to play with sticks & learn how to make new plants out of them :D
Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment