This past Friday, my head started hurting. Saturday, it was a little worse; I ate a lot of advil. On Sunday, morning there was increased pain that kept building up into the afternoon; the high point of this is is when I took the stronger prescription stuff. Pain increases continued into the night.
When I woke up Monday, I hoped I was not hurting as bad as it felt (sometimes this just happens in the morning), so I got & ready. Arctic & Dimond Blvd is as far as I got. The light hit my eyes & I was sick. I went right back home, called my boss to let her know I wasn't coming in, and crawled back into bed. I ate a single piece of toast & was bedridden ALL day.
When I woke up Monday, I hoped I was not hurting as bad as it felt (sometimes this just happens in the morning), so I got & ready. Arctic & Dimond Blvd is as far as I got. The light hit my eyes & I was sick. I went right back home, called my boss to let her know I wasn't coming in, and crawled back into bed. I ate a single piece of toast & was bedridden ALL day.
Tuesday morning, it was worse, and we went to the doctor. I got shots in the butt with an even stronger pain medicine & some anti-nausea stuff, along with pill versions of each. I was able to eat just a little more on Tuesday - has some pretzels, and Yobo got some ingredients for smoothies. I don't really like smoothies, but they're perfect for right now. As instructed, I took the first dose of pills 4 hours later. This continued on throughout the day & night...
Until about 3am, when I started getting up almost every hour to puke. Luckily, this only lasted until about 7am when the Moose woke up. So here were are, almost 9am, and I haven't puked in a couple of hours. The migraine seems to be getting better as I'm not feeling it so strongly with the pain meds. I've already had a smoothie and it seems to be holding it's own in my tummy, so yay! for calories!
Until about 3am, when I started getting up almost every hour to puke. Luckily, this only lasted until about 7am when the Moose woke up. So here were are, almost 9am, and I haven't puked in a couple of hours. The migraine seems to be getting better as I'm not feeling it so strongly with the pain meds. I've already had a smoothie and it seems to be holding it's own in my tummy, so yay! for calories!
A bit of silver lining, however, is that after the 2007 incident, I think we were a little better at responding to this one. It's sleepy time again.
I feel for you. I get migraines often and they are the worst thing ever! I take 2 liquid advils and 2 migraine tylenols (they counteract differnt parts of the headache) and hope I can sleep. Feel better!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Received my covert robin gift - LOVE IT! Thank you!
Yay! for receiving the gift!
ReplyDelete