Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Never a dull day at the Lab

So, we have a saying at work "never a dull day at the Lab."  Today was MY turn to prove that true.  We're a fairly small lab, about 2 dozen employees, and today we also had a group of about a dozen using our conference room AND we're doing practical examinations for applicants for an open position.  Well, if you know me, you probably know I'm not allowed in the kitchen and I am banned from unsupervised use of the grill.  I decided to try a new pizza today, one that didn't even involve the microwave... yes, you know where this is going.  I used the OVEN and some cheese fell off the pizza or something, triggering the fire alarm.  I had to turn off the oven & we had to evacuate the building. 

Luckily, everyone took it in jest - the people in the conference thanked me for the break since many of them were about to fall asleep, most of my coworkers weren't exactly upset about a mandated break (it is freaking BEAUTIFUL outside today!), and the applicant who had just showed up for his exam recieved a very interesting introduction to his potential future workplace! 

To top all of this off, one of my coworkers, being the funny guy he is, went back in (he's the maintenance dude so he had to go in & check the system anyway) and came out with my pizza!  The coolest part of all?  My pizza totally finished cooking on residual heat and was DAMNED good!  So, here's a free recommendation - Amy's Pizza was the bomb.  It was the one with broccoli, tomatoes, and pesto  :D  Eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment