I was going along, about 4 miles in, crossing a street, went to turn right when SMASH! there she was! First of all, she was behind me, did not know which way I was going, knew she was going straight, and SHOULD have come in on my left. Secondly, she SHOULD have made a peep of some sort - bell, horn, "hello!", "on your right!", "*&%$#%(!", or even sneezed, SOMETHING that would have alerted me to her. INSTEAD, she came up, quiet as a mouse, on the inside (right), which was just BEGGING for a crash and I gave her one. There's not much damage to me & the bike seems to be just fine (will confirm tonight when Yobo can take a look at it). My "injuries" are a sore right hip, a scratched up right shin & knee, and a welt on my left forearm with some scratching along the forearm & elbow.
Out of the 18 people at work today, ELEVEN of us rode in! We had someone stop in that asked if it was a holiday or something because there were no cars in the parking lot LOL nope, our bike rack is just around back :)
![]() |
| and wouldn't ya know, I'm right in the middle of it all! |

Awesome! I am very impressed... and you're right, that girl should have given you some indication that she was there. There should be manditory safety lessons when you buy a bicycle... or a licencing process like when you drive a car. My mother got "hit" by a bicycle while hiking the trails in the Campbell Tract a few years ago...
ReplyDelete