I really hope I'm not jinxing myself, but ah well. Yobo took the rail off the Moose's crib on Tuesday. During nap time, she failed an escape attempt, which was our signal it was time to transition from crib to bed. Early Tuesday evening, the Moose met a little dude through the fence in the backyard. It turns out the woman who lives behind us in a grandma, her daughter lives across the street from her and has two boys - one's just about 2, the other's like 5 or 7... I forget.
The lesson she just taught me was really a reminder to not freak out. I get anxious about her not really knowing any other babies. Yes, I know that it's best that she not have a whole of exposure to little peeps for the first 2 years, but now that she's hit that mark, I'm panicking. Well, I was. Not only do these people have babies, but they run a daycare & they have 3 other babies most days!
That night, when it was bed time, we went in her room. We sat on her bed & read some stories. I said something like "ok, it's time for night night" and briefly pretended to whine. I turned off the light, closed the door, waiting for sounds of mayhem to begin, and she totally knocked out. Repeat every night since. And then tonight, no pretend whines, just laid down and was good.
Yobo had read that we should prepare for a week of no sleep once the rail came down, but thank goodness & that awesome kid for making yet another childhood milestone pretty darned lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment