Thursday, August 2, 2012

the End of an Era

While I'm hesitant to say it's OFFICIALLY over, the Moose has made it pretty clear that she is no longer interested in breastfeeding  :(   I'm still holding out that, once whatever HFMD virus we have is out of her system, she may regain interest. 

If this really is the end, however, at least it was a good run.  I'm mostly sad that our routine has changed as this has been the way we wake up & go to bed every day for the past... 16 months or so.  I go home (almost) every day for lunch to hug & feed her - now, it's mostly just for hugs & temporary relief of baby duty for Yobo  :)  I am thankful we made it this far (though the goal was 2 years).

Mama-baby feeding time was quiet time.  She did not appreciate me trying to talk to her.  This was the time for no input - just calm, no lights, in the rocking chair, with no one else around, focus soley on mama-baby time.  Recently, singing became OK, but not all the time.  I really think it was much needed stimulus free downtime for the both us.  Pure love & need.  I'm going to miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment