Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Night of Comedic (?) Errors

My sister wanted me to pick her up a pack of ciggies on my way home from work (her ID's expired).  I try to be the nice sister, stop & get them, head over to her place... and she's not even home.  I call, no answer.  I leave a message & proceed home.  While I'm driving, she calls back, but I don't answer, of course, because I'm still driving home.  I get home & call her back... no answer.

Yobo's mom is out of town, so we've been asked to stop by & check-in on dad & make sure the dogs have clean water.  I tried to feed the moose, but she's not having it; she's ready for adventures she didn't even know were coming up.  We get all ready to go, the moose is buckled in, car's started & I think "oh, maybe I need to grab something from in the house" when I realize that the thing I needed to get were the HOUSE KEYS.  Yay!  Nothing can be done now that can't be done when we return home, so onward we venture to Eagle River.

On the road, baby girl realizes "oh yeah!  I really AM hungry!"  She proceeds to cry most of the drive.  The driveway out there is a pretty steep 3/4 s-shaped one.  In 5 years, I have had no issues getting up it, come rain or snow or sunshine... and then there was today.  I got stuck halfway up.  So I got out, grabbed the baby, and the hubby takes over.  His dad  & 2 of the dogs go out to assist. 

A few months ago his dad found an old stash of power-paws in their shed.  "Have some!" he said, so we put a set in the car & mostly forgot about them.  They were in storage for over 10 years, who knew if they were actually even still good.  THANK GOODNESS FOR POWER-PAWS.  They were able to get up the driveway with them  :) 

Phew!  After that, we were all inside & warm, the dogs' water was mostly OK, moose didn't sleep but was having a good time, and it was lovely.  We get home, the first window tried popped right open so we got in the house, my sister showed up to pick up her cancer sticks, the baby ate well & passed right out, and now, now I'm going to sit in a hot tub with my long-awaited, highly anticipated new book.  I'd say it's all about right.

And this is the short version. 

To top off the night, not only is my new book awesome (more to come on that at a later time), one of yobo's friends just totally dropped off bags of goodies from Nuts Online (LOVE!).  Found at our doorstep this late evening: sweetened cranberries (not that Craisins crap, real PLUMP ones that aren't straight saccharine), habanero pistachios , Hot Nuts (and they are), and wasabi peanuts.  BC has a thing for the spicy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment